Released September 2, 2014
GenePattern 3.8.2 contains several new features and fixes.
Improved File Management Added to the Job and File Menus
We have made it easier to save job result files to the Files tab. Clicking on a job result output file (1) will bring up a slide-out menu with a new option labeled "Copy To Files Tab" (2). This option will allow the selected file to be copied to any folder in the Files tab.
We have made it easier to rename and move files available from the Files tab. Clicking on a file in the Files tab (1) will bring up a slide-out menu with two new options labeled "Rename File" (2) and "Move File" (3). As their label suggests, clicking "Rename File" will allow the name of the selected file to be changed and clicking "Move File" will allow the selected file to be move to a different folder in the Files Tab.
New Job Results Summary Page
We have updated the Job Results Summary page. The new page is more tightly integrated with the GenePattern GUI. Now the left panel containing the Modules, Jobs, and Files tab is available from the Job Results summary page. You can set the number of jobs listed per page to 10, 20, 50, or 100 with 10 being the default (1). Page navigation has also been improved. You can navigate to the next, previous, first, last, or a specific page (2). If you are an admin user, you can now search for jobs run by a specific user (3).
The 3.8.2 release includes several fixes and improvements to GenePattern:
- Visualizers have been fixed for Java 7 - read our blog for more information
- Improved the performance of uploading large files from the Files tab.
- Fixed bug that prevented visualizers from running from a remote client on a default GenePattern installation.
- Included the size and date added for files in the Files tab as a tooltip.
- Improved the loading of parameters with dynamic drop-down lists.